Welcome back and Happy New Year to everyone. Hopefully it will be a happy and productive year for us all.
Christmas raffle and bag-packing
Well done to everybody for your generous support of our Christmas raffle again this year. The profit from the raffle, when costs were covered, was €3731.15. A sincere thank you to our Parents’ Group for all their hard work organising the raffle and to those who donated so many prizes. The money will go towards the cost of providing books, music, yoga and sailing for the children.
While we were all enjoying our holidays our handballers were training hard for the Cumann na mBunscoil handball competition on January 4th. Well done to Michael Kennedy, Cian Hannon, Tom Boland, Eoin Hannon and Daniel Boland who represented the school with pride on the day. Thanks to Eamon Spillane for training and preparing the boys for this competition.
Enrolments for September 2020
Enrolment application forms for Junior Infants 2020 are now available from the school office. Please contact the office on 06724355 /0863822424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Friday, February 15th 2020.
Below are a few reminders of the ways in which your support and co-operation can ensure that we have a happy, safe and productive 2020
- Healthy lunches
- Headlice checks every time you wash your child’s hair
- Homework – support as necessary to ensure it is completed to a high standard
- Absences – Please send in a note to explain an absence on your child’s return to school. There is no need to ring the school. Also, if your child is sick please do not send them to school.
- Traffic management – If possible, park along the footpath as you approach the school, letting your children out on to the footpath so they can walk safely up to school. If you park in the space in front of the school remind your child to walk to the walkway by the church wall to where it meets the footpath. Children crossing through this space may not be seen by drivers. If you park on the opposite side of the road please walk your child across the road safely to the footpath. We need to exercise due caution and care to ensure our children are safe.
- Supervision reminder- If your child is dropped to school before 8.40a.m. there is no supervision in place. Likewise, in the afternoons there is no supervision after 2.40p.m.
On Monday 16th December we will hold the first of our Christmas plays. At 6.30 p.m. Junior Infants will present their play ‘Higgledy Piggledy Nativity‘. This will be followed by First Class at 7.15 p.m. who will be performing ‘A Christmas Story’.
On Tuesday 17th December Senior Infants will stage ‘The Sleepy Shepherd‘ at 6.30p.m. while 4th Class will be presenting ‘Snow White’ at 7.15pm.
If you wish to make a contribution to the cost of sound & lighting there will be an opportunity to do so on the night.
Children from 4th, 5th and 6th classes competed in the North Tipperary Primary Schools indoor track and field competition in the indoor stadium at Ballygraigue Rd, Nenagh recently. This was a great day out and it gave each child an opportunity to participate in track and field in an encouraging environment. Well done to all who participated and congratulations to the many medal winners.
Our U13’s were beaten by a stronger Fethard side in the County Final but they can be very proud of their performance on the day, fighting hard right up to the final whistle. Well done to the players, Mr. Prout and Mr. Meagher for all the training they put in.
No Uniform Day
Well done to everybody who contributed to our No-Uniform Day to support Type 1 Diabetes. €450 was raised on the day.
Best of luck to our Mini Scientist finalists, who travel to Shannon on Friday 13th December for the Regional Final.
GAA Schools Quiz
Well done to Evan Sherlock, Diarmaid Fogarty, Pauric Meagher and Dara O’Dwyer who came 2nd in this competition recently. They compete in the County Final on Sunday 1st December.
A sincere thank you to everybody who donated boxes to the Christmas Shoebox Appeal.
We had a very successful Book Fair this year. Thanks to Mrs. Maloney for organising it and to the teachers and parents who gave their time to ensure it all ran smoothly for the week. We will be getting new books for the library to the value of €2780 from Scholastic.
STEM Day in Nenagh College
6th class travelled to Nenagh College for a STEM Day, recently. This was a very enjoyable and worthwhile experience for the children. A sincere thank you to Mr. Kennedy and his staff for the welcome we received on the day.
Visit to the C.B.S.
Our 6th class boys will attend an Open Day in Nenagh C.B.S. on Wednesday, 4th December.
Please be vigilant and keep checking your child’s hair. Also, long hair must be tied up.
It has come to our attention that some children are afraid of dogs. Therefore we would ask parents not to bring their dogs with them to the front of the school when collecting their children.
School closed on Monday 2nd December for teacher in-service day.
The school will be closing at 12 noon on 20th December for Christmas. There will be music and carol singing in the hall at 11.00.a.m. followed by the Annual Christmas Draw.
Nollaig agus Athbhliain faoi mhaise daoibh go léir.